it is so weird to say that. sister minton!! i cant believe my little sister is a sister missionary!
She is the only one everyone would actually go on a mission. I am so proud of her tho!
she is she such a great job and is loving every minute of it...
this is her most resent letter:
Hello everyone!!
so this week has been kind of crazy. We did Sister exchanges for the first time and i had the opportunity to stay in Provo and teach with Sister Johnson who Came up from Payson. She was really cool and she helped me to build my confidence as a teacher. next week i get to go to Lindon and Teach With Sister Batrum. I hear she is really tough but I'm looking forward to the challenge. two of our Investigators are getting Baptized on Saturday and I'm really excited for them but sad that I wont get to teach them anymore. it was amazing watching them grow and come to love the gospel. Yesterday a retun missionary spoke in church about family home evening. he served on the Island of Tu (i think that is how it is spelt ^_^ ) he said he had the oppertunity to expiriance a FHE with one of the families there and i though that i would share with you how they did it. he said that the started with a prayer and then everyone shared their testimonies. Then they talked about everyone plans for the week and settled and disputes between family members. they then had a lesson and a closing prayer. another ting i thought was really interesting was that the Tu word for family if translated literally means Mother-Siblings-Complete. he said that they belive that the family unit was the most important group in their culture and that it is very rare for them to use the word for Complete on anything. i belive that the family is the most important group that anyone can be a part of. i challenge each of you to ponder how your family had blessed and shaped who you are. i know mine has made me the person that i am today and i wouldn't want anyone different then who heavenly father had blessed me with. i love you all and i am extremely grateful for everything that everyone has done for me. I pray for you every night and i hope you are doing the same for me. I miss you all and i love you!
Your Missionary,
Sister Hannah Minton
if you would like her address or email address let me know i will give it to you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment